The transition from spring to summer in Wisconsin is always a sight to see, especially here at the Garden. Thousands of flowers and plants bloom week to week, animals of all kinds come out of hiding, and this year, our increasingly popular visiting exhibit, Nature Connects ®: Art with LEGO ® Bricks, has captivated more and more visitors each day.
And behind the scenes, it’s no different. We mirror the hustle and bustle of nature and continue to ramp things up with concerts, weddings, special events and programs for all ages. To better provide you with all you’d like to experience in the Green Bay community and at your Garden, we’ve been hard at work continually building our team. These last few months we’ve welcomed back summer seasonal staff and added a number of new faces.
Please join us in welcoming back our returning employees and say hello to our new team members:
- Danielle Schneeberg, Membership & Volunteer Coordinator: Joining us from Network Health Plan, Danielle handles many elements of volunteering and membership at the Garden, including recruiting volunteers and organizing member events.
Horticulture & Education
- Ashley Barkow, Horticulturist: Ashley is a former intern and 2018 NWTC Landscape Horticulture graduate.
- Jim Brazeau, Seasonal Collections Management Specialist: Jim returns for his 8th summer. He’s a retiree and a graduate of the NWTC Landscape Horticulture program.
- Alyssa Giese, Seasonal Garden Specialist: former intern and a NWTC Landscape Horticulture graduate.
- Cayla Leahy, Seasonal Garden Specialist: Cayla returns for her 6th summer and teaches in the Pulaski School District.
- Kaylee Huben, Garden Intern: former intern and currently studying Biology at UW-Whitewater with an emphasis in ecology, evolution and biodiversity.
- Alissa Lick, Garden Intern: student at NWTC studying Sustainable Food & Agriculture Systems. She also graduated from UW-Stevens Point with a degree in Sustainable Food & Nutrition.
- Matthew Olson, Garden Intern: student at UW-River Falls studying Horticulture.
- Christian Van Scoyk, Garden Intern: student at UW-Stevens Point studying Biology with an emphasis in soil science.
- Maryssa Paulsen, Education Intern: student at UW-Green Bay studying Environmental Policy and Planning.
Marketing & Communications
- Rachel Mueller, Marketing & Communications Coordinator: Rachel comes to us from several marketing roles at St. Norbert College, most recently the Mulva Library, and now helps manage the Garden’s social media, website, e-news and other marketing initiatives.
- Rebecca Justiniano, Graphic Designer: Rebecca joins us with a recent degree in graphic design and freelancing experience. She designs all Garden materials from posters to signage.
- Kara Martin, Marketing & Communications Intern: student at UW-Madison studying Journalism Strategic Communications and Communication Arts Rhetoric.
Operations & Guest Services
- Mike Duncan, Custodian: A volunteer in the parking area, Mike also joined our team as a custodian.
- Mary Weiss, Seasonal Guest Services Associate: Mary is a paraprofessional in the Green Bay Area Public Schools special education program.
- Jenna Tobin, Seasonal Guest Services Associate: A middle school teacher in Green Bay Area Public Schools, Jenna is working at the Garden for the summer.
Sales & Events
- Ami Gaertig, Beverage Event Coordinator: Previously a part-time Guest Services Associate at the Garden, Ami manages all food and beverage needs for Garden events, including our bartender teams.
- Hanna Goral, Special Events Coordinator: A veteran in the events industry, Hanna will be starting on July 9 and will manage the Garden’s numerous special events.
- Nicole Maier, Event Services Assistant: A 2018 St. Norbert College graduate and former intern in Sales & Events, Nicole will now assist with Garden events and private rentals in a full-time role.
- Becca Vertz, Event Host: Becca assists with weddings and other events.
- Kristin Bartel, Event Services Intern: A senior at St. Norbert College studying Communications and Media Studies and minoring in Business Administration.
Tammy Bonnin, Elizabeth Janssen, Cambrie Kolka and Heather Lemke have joined us as seasonal bartenders.