Ken Sikora, 25+ years of Beekeeping Experience
Presented in partnership with Extension Brown County and N.E.W. Master Gardener Association
Whether you’ve been beekeeping for 5 or 50 years, you’re sure to learn new tricks of the trade and problem solving tips for a variety of aspects of beekeeping.
Come with questions and issues you may have related to:
- Getting a colony through winter by dispatching the old queen in August
- Raising your own queens by notching or grafting and making walk-away splits
- Location of your hive and carrying capacity of your bee foraging area – what can you do to improve it if needed?
- Strengthening weak colonies
- Invaders (small hive beetles, varroa mites, wax moths, etc.)
- Any other issues you’re having or new techniques you’d like to try
With more than 25 years of beekeeping experience, if you’d encountered an issue or want to try something new, Ken has most likely been there!
Don’t delay! Register right away as classes may fill quickly. We also value our instructors’ time, so classes may risk being canceled due to low early enrollment. Thank you!Register
After You Register
We will contact you the week of the program to confirm your enrollment. Please dress according to the weather for all outdoor programs. No rain or snow dates are planned. Classes open one half-hour before starting time.
Cancelations & Refunds
Classes canceled due to low enrollment or hazardous weather conditions are refunded automatically. You will be notified by phone if a program is canceled. In cases of inclement weather, call 920.491.3691 ext. 122 to check the status of the program. If you must cancel your registration for a program, your registration fees will be refunded if notice is received at least five days prior to the program. Green Bay Botanical Garden cannot refund fees requested on or after the start date of a program or for sessions missed due to student illness or other personal situations.