Photography Sessions & Policies
We encourage visitors to take photographs or shoot videos for their personal use and enjoyment! The photography guidelines outlined below are intended for all guests. However, a permit is necessary for those who wish to use the Garden’s setting as the background for posed photography or commercial videos. This includes wedding, family, engagement, senior photos, maternity, quinceañera or the like and all other commercial photography/videography.
We ask that you follow a few guidelines that will allow us to maintain the Garden for all visitors and future patrons.
- At no time may anything be attached to any walls or structures and/or in the Garden. For safety reasons, no wires, ropes, strings, cords, ribbons, signs or poles can be strung from plants, stakes, trees, nor laid on the ground. Do not hang clothes, backdrops or other props on plants and trees.
- Because of the nature of the facilities, no birdseed, rice, flower petals, glitter or confetti of any sort may be used or thrown anywhere on or near the Garden’s facilities.
- Decorations or props may not be placed at the Garden in advance of the reserved time and must be removed as soon as the photography session is finished.
- Do not pick the flowers or rearrange plant foliage for any purpose. Do not remove plant labels for any reason.
- Do not block the pathways, especially when photographing groups. Stay on the designated pathways and grass areas at all times, keeping equipment and people out of flower beds and the fountain.
- Clients need to arrive camera-ready, or make arrangements with the Sales Team to rent the dressing area. Restrooms may not be used for dressing rooms.
- Drones: It is the responsibility of the photographer/drone pilot to ensure they are following the federal drone laws in Wisconsin. Due to the Garden’s close proximity to Austin Straubel Airport, additional precautions must be taken if flying a drone on Green Bay Botanical Garden’s premises. It is your responsibility to notify the Austin Straubel Airport, Air Traffic Control Tower before flying a drone. Please contact the Air Traffic Control Tower at 920.431.5751 before flying and let them know your name, your phone number and location of flight (Green Bay Botanical Garden, 2600 Larsen Rd, Green Bay, 54303). You must also include how long the drone will be in the air.
We ask that you comply with our Garden policies to ensure a safe, enjoyable visit for all guests. Visitors who do not comply with these policies may be asked to leave the Garden.
Use of the Garden for photography is open to the public during regular Garden hours. Posed photography is not allowed after hours, on days the Garden is closed, or during specific special events. The Garden is a public facility and privacy cannot be guaranteed. Areas in the Garden cannot be reserved for the exclusive use of any group.
Wedding & Group Photography
For just $100 you receive admission for up to 25 people and a two hour block of time to take photos.
- Reservations are not required for posed photography sessions such as family portraits, engagement photos, senior photos, maternity, quinceañera or the like.
- Reservations are required for wedding photo sessions and group (15 people or more) photo sessions and must be made at least two weeks prior to your wedding day.
A photography permit covers the photographer or videographer’s admission into the Garden, as well as, one assistant photographer/videographer. At each visit, all photographer or videographer’s guests (clients) are subject to general admission.
- Annual Photography Membership – $75 (valid one year from date of purchase, includes Family Membership)
- One Day Permits – $30 (valid one day only during Garden hours)
Annual Photography Memberships can be purchased online in advance. One Day Permits can be obtained during regular Garden hours or by contacting our Events Team at 920.491.3691 ext. 125 or email@example.com.
For more information about wedding or group photography sessions, please complete our request form.